August 28, 2011

Week 19 - almost half way!

Well this week started off on a sad note for many across Canada.  On August 22nd, Jack Layton, leader of the official opposition party, passed away.  And many (regardless of political leanings) wept for the loss of a great politician, a great leader, a great man, and a great friend.  May you rest in peace Jack, knowing you've inspired Canadians everywhere to come together and make our country a better place.

And in BC a precedent of sorts was set this week - when 55.4% of residents voted to scrap the HST. Many people of BC were not happy with the underhanded way this tax was introduced, and so they made themselves heard.  It should be interesting to see how this plays out over the next 18 months before the switch back is slated to happen.

Ok, I know what you're thinking, this is a pregnancy blog, so let's get on with the pregnancy stuff already!  First and foremost, baby wants to wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Grandma Thompson.  Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you Grandma!!

In pregnancy news - what the heck is with all the CRAZY dreams that one gets while pregnant?  I've had some seriously messed up dreams during this pregnancy.  For example:

Patrick and his work buddies were going on a camping trip somewhere "up north", and for some strange reason I drove part way there with him so I could say goodbye.  We stopped for a snack at a donut shop in a strip mall, and then Patrick left really abruptly without saying goodbye, and without giving me the keys to the car!  So there I am, stuck at a random strip mall, with no keys, no cell phone (which didn't seem out of the ordinary for some reason) and no idea where patrick and his buddies went camping.

I wandered around for a bit and finally found a payphone, but since I couldn't figure out how to get in touch with Patrick, I was left trying to explain his general whereabouts (he's at a camping place somewhere around here) to the operator (yep, that's right - the operator). Of course, she had no idea what I was on about, and in the meantime, a long line of people waiting to use the phone was building up behind me.  So I wandered around some more, and made a few more futile phone calls to the operator, until I came up with the brilliant idea to call my parents. Thank goodness my Dad (who you may recall lives in Ontario) was able to drive all the way "up north" to get me! hahaha.  Thanks Dad - I appreciate you saving the day :)   They say it's not uncommon for pregnant woman to have dreams about abandonment - but this was just ridiculous.

Not all of my strange dreams deal with abandonment issues (thank goodness).  Let's see, I've been Bieber's mentor (yes Justin Bieber personally asked me to be his mentor); I've found myself back at my university abode, arranging and rearranging furniture in a ridiculously cluttered room with a grade school friend;  I've watched a man eat a live writhing snake and then pull it back up tail first snapping and biting (first time I've ever thrown up in a dream) and I've run from countless monsters, aliens, vampires and you name its!  I don't know if it's the hormones (when is it not really) or something else - but dag yo...these dreams are crazy!!

Not much new on the movement front.  I was home sick on wednesday and I'm pretty sure I felt a few low kicks while lazing about on the couch, but still nothing definitive.  Wait, I know - it must be my stomach of steel that's dampening the kicks - yeah that's it!  hah.  Oh and I woke up with a lopsided belly the other day, which righted itself when I gave a gentle nudge to the hard little bump!  Such a weird feeling.

Ok, enough about weird dreams and lopsided bellys - let's move on to the weekly update:

Week:  19

Weight Gain: Forgot to check yesterday - whoops!  I'll report back next week - let's say it's still 5 lbs - heh. 

Feeling: Still not feeling 100%, and still trying to figure out the right number of diclectin that will get me through the day.  Regardless, I'm just happy that I have something to get me through the ickyness!

Maternity Clothes: Nothing new to report on the clothing front - ordered some new shoes from Aldo, but none of them fit, so I took them all back.  Not sure if that's a pregnancy thing, or just a wrong size thing.

Cravings: Been having a few food aversions this week again, so no real cravings to speak of.

Milestones: Hmmm....not much to report here either - ummmm...almost half way there?!?

Movement: A few light kicks and a lopsided belly. 

Weekly Wisdom: "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world!"  Jack Layton

Random Name Ideas: Lots of suggestions this week:  My dad suggested Olivia.  Amy: Ethan, Evan, Weston, Drake, Ryker (little nod to the trekkies out there)  Patrick: Calvin

And BUMP PIC (don't worry - next time I'll wear a shirt that doesn't blend in with the background)!


Signed,
Dreaming Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment